Digital Flat Pattern: The Apparel Designer’s Handbook, 2nd Edition by Lisa A. Christman, Ph.D. Technical Editors: Rowena Aldridge and Karen Campbell. Fashion illustrator: April Oakley. Published by Wild Ginger Software, Inc., Auburn, AL. ©2009, 2016, 2020.
The Digital Flat Pattern book and software are sold via electronic download. You may install the Digital Flat Pattern book and companion software on one computer at a time. The Digital Flat Pattern software and book require the Windows operating system.
Please NOTE, all Digital Flat Pattern sales are final.
Computerized pattern making skills are mandatory in today’s apparel industry. Digital Flat Pattern: The Apparel Designer’s Handbook provides clear, step-by-step instructions for creating patterns for a wide range of styles—including patterns for bodices, dresses, jackets, skirts, pants, sleeves, collars, and pockets. This book is appropriate for new students as well as design professionals who need to develop or enhance computerized flat pattern skills. Digital Flat Pattern includes fully functioning downloadable CAD software and example files for completing all styles illustrated in the book. The exercises illustrated in the book can also be completed in the PatternMaster Pattern Editor and Cameo Pattern Design module.
- To teach flat pattern techniques using CAD (computer-aided design) software.
- To re-interpret the use of pencil, paper, scissors, and ruler to their corresponding computer tools.
- To provide a foundation to apply flat pattern theory for the creation of any design using CAD.
- To provide new and advanced pattern makers with CAD tools to speed the process of pattern making and to increase accuracy and efficiency of the finished patterns.
- To identify the differences between flat pattern on paper and flat pattern on the computer such as sequence of operations, determining dart angles, and mathematical formulas.