Camp Shirt by Marilyn
Marilyn wrote: a Camp Shirt is standard blouse with a convertible collar. In Pattern Editor, I cut off the top part of the back that would have been covered by the back yoke. These are wearable tests for a couple of silk camp shirts.
Susan wrote: Your test shirts are lovely. I am always impressed by perfectly matched floral prints.
Note: The center back pleat can be constructed where its drafted or you can divide the pleat width as desired across the blouse back. Marilyn divided the center back pleat width into two pleats.
To get Marilyn's look in PatternMaster Boutique:
- yoked blouse with jewel neckline
- uncheck the Front Yoke checkbox
- check center back pleat
- singlebreasted closure and straight sideseams
- set front and back darts to No Darts
- set number of front and back torso darts to 0
- convertible collar
- short set in sleeve
- set center back pleat width as desired
- set button width and garment length as desired
Other design options for the camp shirt: (remember to consider what settings might be best for your body shape.)
- fitted sideseam and 0 darts would still give casual look but fit better if there is more than two inches difference between your bust and hip since the straight side seam drafts to the largest circumference.
- choose a side bust dart for a fuller busted gals
- draft keeping the back shoulder dart
Copyright Wild Ginger Software, Inc. 1995-present. All rights reserved.
This publication, or any part thereof, may not be reproduced in any form, by any method, for any purpose, without the express written consent of Wild Ginger Software, Inc.