Installing or Moving Dolls v7 or Pets v7 to a New Computer
Download the setup file for from the link below.
You will need your product key to activate your software on your new computer. If you purchased directly from Wild Ginger, your product key can most likely be found in your account in our webstore. Log into your account in our webstore and go to Orders/View Order. Select the order for your program. You product key should be displayed within the order.
NOTE: Each product key is UNIQUE to the program it activates. Make sure that you have the correct product key for the program AND program version you are activating.
If you cannot find your product key or you are unsure as to the correct product key, please contact Wild Ginger Tech Support and include the FIRST and LAST NAME of the registered user for the program.
Copying Data from Your Old Computer
ALL of the data for your PatternMaster program is contained in the file PMx7CHARTS.SDF. It is a database that stores all saved measurement charts, your default settings, and any saved styles.
- WTPets7.sdf - Wild Things Pets
- WTD7Charts.sdf - Wild Things Dolls Charts
- WTD7Styles.sdf - Wild Things Dolls Styles
- WTD7Photos.sdf - Wild Things Dolls Photos
To move your measurement charts, saved styles, and saved pattern files and layouts, you will need to copy the data from your old computer to a back up medium such as a CD, thumb drive, or an offsite back up utility such as Carbonite or Crash plan. If you did not back up your data and no longer have access to the old computer, you will not be able to restore the data on your new computer.
- To back up your data, launch Pets v7 or Dolls v7 on your old computer and choose System Tools from the main menu.
- Click on the Back Up tab.
- Select the location to back up your data and press the Back Up button.
- The back up utility will copy the contents of the Databases, Patterns, Charts, Layouts, and Summaries folders to the location you selected.
- If you have saved files in any other location, you will need to manually copy those files to your back up location.
Deactivating the Software
- If you still have access to your previous computer, launch your program and go to Product Activation. Press the Lock button to deactivate your software and email the deactivation code to email@example.com.
- Be certain to include your FULL NAME and your Product Key.
- If you lose your program unexpectedly - such as a hard drive failure - and you need to re-install, but you are not able to send a lock code, email Wild Ginger Tech Support for assistance.
Installing the Program
- Install the program on your new computer.
- You MUST INSTALL your program from the setup file you downloaded. You cannot hotlink it from another computer or a backup folder or clone it.
- If you no longer have the setup file you downloaded, you can download the latest full version of your software from the link above.
Activating the Program
- After completing the installation, launch your program from the desktop icon and choose Click Here to Activate with a Product Key.
- Enter the required registration information and your product key and press Activate.
- If you received a message that your program has already been activated on two computers, please contact Wild Ginger Tech Support. We will need to add another unlock to your license record. Please include your REAL FIRST and LAST NAME and your PRODUCT KEY.
- After installing and activating your software, install the latest or final update for your program.
Updating Your Program
After installing and activating your software, you may need to download and install the latest or final update for your program. Check the link below for details on updating your program.
Restoring Data and Files
- To restore your data and files, copy the Databases, Styles, and Patterns folders from the back up location to the root program folder making certain to replace any existing files or folders.
Copyright Wild Ginger Software, Inc. 1995-present. All rights reserved.
This publication, or any part thereof, may not be reproduced in any form, by any method, for any purpose, without the express written consent of Wild Ginger Software, Inc.