Moving Cameo v3 to a New Computer
Cameo v3 Installation File
Cameo v3 is not available via download. You will need to install from the CD. We can no longer replace Cameo v3 CDs.
NOTE: Cameo v3 CANNOT be installed and activated on Windows Vista or Windows 7 and higher. It can only be installed and activated on Windows XP.
Copying Data from Your Old Computer
To move your measurement charts, saved styles, and saved pattern files and layouts, you will need to copy the data from your old computer to a back up medium such as a CD, thumb drive, or an offsite back up utility such as Carbonite or Crash plan. If you did not back up your data and no longer have access to the old computer, you will not be able to restore the data on your new computer.
- To back up your data, launch Cameo v6 on your old computer and choose System Tools from the main menu.
- Click on the Back Up tab.
- Select the location to back up your data and press the Back Up button.
- The back up utility will copy the contents of the Databases, Patterns, Styles folders to the location you selected.
- If you have saved files in any other location, you will need to manually copy those files to your back up location.
Installing the Program
- Install the program on your new computer.
- You MUST INSTALL your program from the setup file on the CD. You cannot hotlink it from another computer or a backup folder or clone it.
- If you receive an incompatibility error message when trying to install from an older CD, try bypassing the CDs autorun feature.
To bypass the CDs autorun feature:
- Click on the Windows Start button and choose Computer
- RIGHT mouse click on the disk drive where your CD is located and choose OPEN or EXPLORE
- Double click on setup.exe to begin the installation.
Activating the Program
- After completing the installation, launch your program from the desktop icon and choose Program Activation on the main menu.
- Follow the instructions to receive an activation code.
- NOTE: Cameo v3 CANNOT be installed and activated on Windows Vista or Windows 7 and higher. It can only be installed and activated on Windows XP.
Updating Your Program
After installing and activating your software, you may need to download and install the final update for your program. Check the link below for details on updating your program.
Restoring Data and Files
- To restore your data and files, copy the Databases, Styles, and Patterns folders from the back up location to the root Cameo v3 folder making certain to replace any existing files or folders.
Copyright Wild Ginger Software, Inc. 1995-present. All rights reserved.
This publication, or any part thereof, may not be reproduced in any form, by any method, for any purpose, without the express written consent of Wild Ginger Software, Inc.