Sew a Face Shield
- All reusable fabrics should be prewashed with fragrance-free detergent.
- DO NOT use fabric softeners or bleach.
- For resuable face masks, use natural fibers only (cotton, silk, linen, bamboo)--no blends.
- For disposable face masks, use medium weight sew-in non-woven interfacing.
- Do not use fabrics treated with flame retardant.
- Seams should be finished in such a way that they do not rub or irritate (french seams--flat fell--etc). if serging or overcasting, put seams to outside and topstitch.
- For the face shield, use clear vinyl. Attach the vinyl panel to the shield cap and bottom binding with hook and loop tape so that it can be replaced as needed and the shield can be laundered.
iCare Face Shield
iCare Shaped Hood
Copyright Wild Ginger Software, Inc. 1995-present. All rights reserved.
This publication, or any part thereof, may not be reproduced in any form, by any method, for any purpose, without the express written consent of Wild Ginger Software, Inc.